Forum Thread: Wedding dress - where did you or will you get yours?

I almost got mine in downtown LA in the Fashion District. Unfortunately their sizes run really big, so I never saw anything that fit. I ended up getting a dress across the street from Glendale Galleria, but I didn't know about things like: buying a corset, steaming/ironing fees, bustling fees. What I thought was a deal ended up costing me a lot of money!

2 Responses

I got mine in Little India in Artesia,CA. I am having an Indian wedding. But if I were to have a white wedding dress, I would go to Winnie Couture Bridal Salon in Beverly Hills. I might still go just to play and try on dresses. Or you could rent it. One Night Affair in West LA has some gorgeous designer dresses that I would never be able to buy, but to rent it is affordable. I mean, you only wear it once.

That reminds me - I actually wore two dresses. My Chinese cheongsam was a steal at $28. I found a small shop called China Bridal in Monterey Park that was having a sale on their cheongsams.

Another bonus: switching dresses for the reception meant that I could move. I couldn't even sit in my American dress. 

Share Your Thoughts